- Students will be allowed to play outdoors if the temperature is between 22° and 97°. On cold weather days, we factor in the wind chill using the feels like temperature. On extremely warm days, we will also keep the students in as a precaution.
- Students will be invited inside before school at 8:45 a.m. and 12:45 for p.m. Kindergarten.
- Rain, lightning, wind, and other inclement weather will be considered when determining whether students should stay indoors. Snowfall isn't a problem as long as other factors such temperature, accumulation, and ice do not prevent outdoor play.
- Students will be invited inside 10 minutes before school at 8:45 a.m. and 12:45 for p.m. Kindergarten.
Listed below are air quality guidelines from the Utah Department of Health that influence our decision making:
- Refer to https://air.utah.gov/ to review the current PM2.5 in Salt Lake County.
- We have a Purple Air Sensor at our school. You can view current air quality readings at our school by going to Purple Air Sensor at Golden Fields
- Please communicate to school staff any air sensitivities your student may have.