- Teachers provide targeted interventions to students needing extra help during the rotation times (M-TH)
- Students who are reading below grade level receive 30 minutes of targeted skill building instruction by teachers and literacy assistants (M-F)
- All students have access to a program called Lexia Core 5 which provided engaging reading practice in fun ways. Students may utilize this program at home or at school. Here is a overview of the program for parents and families.
- All students have access to Reflex Math, an engaging program that allows students to develop math fact fluency at school or from home.
- Students who need additional accommodations to access grade level curriculum may reach out the school psychologist to discuss the possibility of creating a 504 plan.
- Students who qualify for special education services will have an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) created for them so they can received specialized instruction as needed.
Core Instruction for ALL!
- Literacy - students will receive instruction on language comprehension and word recognition through programs such as Heggerty, Really Great Reading, and Journey's.
- Science - students will receive instruction using the FOSS program.
- Social Studies - teachers provide meaningful instruction based on grade level standards without the use of a specific program/resource. Here are some parent helps/resources.
- Math - students receive core instruction using the Math Expressions resources. Here are some parent helps/resources.
School Choir - "Golden Voices"
- Instructors: Andrea Whipple & Marie Rasmussen
- 3rd-6th graders
- Practices are after school on Thursdays (3:40-4:15)
- Instructor: Marie Rasmussen
- 3rd-6th graders
- Practices are before school M/W or T/Th
- 4th-6th graders
- Help with announcements, assemblies, recycling, service projects, etc.
- Students will solidify academic concepts through creative movement
- Students will learn mindfulness strategies
- During school enrichment
Specialty Rotations (4 per week)
- Visual Art
- Students can produce products in various categories based on the annual theme